Tannya Joaquin's Ad

Cheap Jerseys china Just a few hours away now from the premiere for Hawaii Five O at Sunset cheap nfl jerseys on the Beach in Waikiki. I'm excited to be part of wholesale jerseys our live team coverage tonight with Keahi Tucker, Guy Hagi, Teri Okita Malika Dudley. Cheap Jerseys china Keahi I will be together. Teri is our red carpet reporter. Malika will be roving reporter and Guy will be camped out at a special spot. From what cheap nfl jerseys we've heard, it will be a true Hollywood production, complete with grand entrances and first class entertainment. wholesale jerseys from china As I type, I'm getting my hair put up. Don't want it blowing all around at the beach. Hope you can join us for cheap nfl jerseys our live coverage tonight from 5 to 7 pm! wholesale jerseys from china We meet amazing people in our line of work from time to time. Friday was one of those times. I set up an interview with Natalie and Richie Norton through a publicist. They live in Laie. She a talented, successful photographer whose work has been featured in national publications. He a successful business consultant recently recognized as one of Pacific Business News 40 under 40. Amazing accomplishments yes. but that not the reason I interviewed them or why I find them so amazing. wholesale jerseys It because of their resilience and courage to come back from the devastating loss of their baby boy, their 4th son, to help others. In January, their 10 week old son Gavin died from the whooping cough. He was too young to get vaccinations for pertussis and was exposed to an adult who did not have a booster shot. Did you know your immunizations wane over time and you need a booster to protect infants? The Nortons didn I didn either. They are on a mission to make sure everyone knows. shares her story for the Sounds of Pertussis campaign and writes a touching blog documenting her family loss and emotional journey to carry on without Gavin. I encourage everyone to watch their story and spread the word to anyone you know who comes into contact with young children to get a booster shot. wholesale jerseys Cheap Jerseys free shipping Big week coming up. This Saturday is the 9th anniversary of the September 11th attacks. I will lead the City Remembrance walk to honor first responders who lost their lives in the tragic terrorist acts. It will be a moving tribute that takes us from HPD to HFD to Honolulu Hale. It humbling to serve as the Mistress of Ceremonies for such a solemn occasion. Cheap Jerseys free shipping Then Monday, it all about Hawaii Five O. We broadcast our newscasts live from Waikiki from 5 7PM Monday night. We have the exclusive coverage of the premiere party for the new CBS show at Sunset on the Beach, complete with red carpet interviews and Hollywood style hype. We expecting exciting things for the stars arrival. You have to tune in to see what I mean. (By the way, we received an advance copy of the first episode and I enjoyed it. I will be watching. Hope you will too.) Tuesday night, we bring you the 90 minute live Honolulu Mayoral debate, "State of the City." Once again, I serve as Moderator. I anticipate the questions we came up with during a brainstorming session will provoke interesting discussion of the issues. We also discussed how best to admonish the crowd to prevent the type of outbursts that occurred at our Governor debate. Of course, this leads up to another big news event. The Primary election next Saturday. But, one week at a time. Quite a wholesale jerseys range of news events. From a national tragedy remembered locally. to a Hollywood premiere in Hawaii. to a live political showdown in the race to become Honolulu Mayor. Whenever students ask me what it like to be in the news business, I will cite instances like this. Everyday is different. You cover it all. From tragedy to triumph and everything in between. That what I enjoy about my job. I always up for a challenge so I decided to go where many others don dare over the weekend. The Kokohead hike. For years, I heard how grueling it is. A neighbor who runs a lot of races once told me this short, but steep hike is equally tough to running a marathon. The kicker came when Stephanie Lum came into work and told me how sore her legs were from hiking Kokohead. and she competed in triathlons. I thought to myself. Okay, I have to experience this. I read some yelp reviews and a few things about the trek I was about to take: cheap nfl jerseys 1) Start early. There little to no shade. cheap nfl jerseys wholesale jerseys from china 2) Wear sunblock. wholesale jerseys from china 3) Bring lots of water. wholesale nfl jerseys 4) The hike is not recommended for children. wholesale nfl jerseys I followed most of that advice. Started early Sunday morning, lathered on SPF 70 sunblock, packed several water bottles into a backpack. But, Alan was working and I didn have a babysitter lined up. and I had my heart set on doing the hike. so did it holding Kai. A picture from our journey. Many even gave me a one word warning. "Brave!" I should say right here that we went up 2/3 of the way. Enough to get a good feel for it, but not so far that I didn feel safe. Stopped where the railroad ties get too far apart to attempt to carry my son. But no one else knew that. breathtaking view heading up Kokohead. Now, I pumped to get to the top to see the panoramic shot! As we made it down, a family was just starting out. At this point, Kai was walking around by himself. The Dad of that group asked "Did it all the way up?" I answered "almost." To which he turned to his two kids (around age 8 I guesstimate) and said "Don embarrass us. A baby just did it!" wholesale nfl jerseys The next group we passed tops that. I noticed some very tall hikers coming our way. Deduced that they were the HPU Men basketball team from t shirts they were wearing. Obviously they were coming for a challenging off the court workout. No doubt they had heard the same horror stories I had. So imagine their surprise when they see Kai cruising off the trail. As we passed, I saw one of the players do a double take and heard him say "A baby!" Translation: How hard could this be if a baby just did it?!? wholesale nfl jerseys Well, almost did it. and he was carried. But, who keeping score? SIGNATURE > Well, the Warriors didn upset the Trojans, but they did put on a valiant effort. And they kept the game close enough for us to play our own game of "What If." if Bryant Moniz didn get shaken up by that hit? What if the touchdown wasn reversed? What if we did a better job in the red zone? What if the USC QB wasn that good? You get the point. I am not a UH grad, but the Warriors have been my adopted team since I moved to Hawaii in 2002. Of course, my heart is with the UCLA Bruins, my alma mater. Which gave me twice as many reasons to pull for UH today. Like any tried and true Bruin, cheap jerseys my favorite team is UCLA cheap nfl jerseys and. whoever is playing USC! (Sorry NIcole. My 5pm Producer is a Trojan. and I know she see this!) just did a little shopping spree at UCLA and picked up an adorable football jersey for my son Kai. Here he is modelling it on the start of the Makapuu hike. Cheap Jerseys from china feeling on top of the world at the top, overlooking the lighthouse. Cheap Jerseys from china Kai poses mid split at the top of the Makapuu Lighthouse hike. What better way to celebrate reaching the summit? Nice cameo by random guy in the background. I also got a new jersey for myself to match Kai (To my Facebook friends, you seen my new profile pic showing us in our matching Bruin jerseys!) will definitely make use of our football jerseys for future UCLA games. I suppose I have to get UH gear as well Hey, you know me. Any reason to shop. Oh, that and Warrior pride! wholesale nfl jerseys from china has brought so much joy into my family life. look forward to what this next year brings despite all the warnings about terrible 2 true story now. I took the birthday boy cheap nfl jerseys to play in his toddler gymnastics, he was bouncing off the walls playing with all of the fun contraptions when another Mom remarked "You certainly have your hands full". or so I thought. I started to answer back about Kai when I realize that I misunderstood her. She did say I "had my hands full". but, she wasn referring to Kai. She was talking about the Debate between Neil Abercrombie and Mufi Hannemann! wholesale nfl jerseys from china I was the Moderator and in charge of keeping the candidates to time. That turned out to be trickier than expected at times because of some variables and factors not necessarily evident to viewers at home. We had a lighting system on stage that kept track of time. Yellow means 15 seconds left. Red means time up. But, I quickly determined that the lights were off the mark from the get go. The yellow light was coming on way too early and staying on, then turning red. Because of that, I wholesale nfl jerseys didn trust the lights at the beginning of the debate and was trying to figure out what was going on before I enforced a strict time limit. aside, it a balancing act. This was my second time as Debate Moderator. It was a very different environment than the first one for the Congressional Special Election. I have a personal rule of thumb as moderator. If I can tell the candidate is wrapping up with just a few words when it red, I may let it go because interrupting at that point simply will prolong the exchange. However, if they try to start a new thought or go off on a whole new tangent, I definitely pounce. But there were some variables to this too. Namely, the rowdy crowd. Their cheers and jeers started to get more intense and more disruptive as the debate went on. If I thought the crowd interrupted, I may have let the candidates slide for a little longer to make up for the time eaten up by the crowd outburst. Rest assured, the candidates sure let me know if they thought their opponent should be cut off! Let just say, I got a certain "look" from both.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

tape Australia by le Tour de France

tape nonsense really grates

Taking Away A Better Sense of Confidence About My Drag