Taking Away A Better Sense of Confidence About My Drag

wholesale jerseys With eye catching good looks and a performance style to match, Jolina Jasmine set a new standard as Miss Paradise 2016. With her reign ending this past weekend, I sat down to chat with her about her best memories of her reign at New Jersey's iconic nightclub, her special connection to the Pulse Nightclub family, and what she has learned the most during her reign. wholesale jerseys wholesale nfl jerseys What was your first time in drag? Every queen seems to have a different story. My first time in drag was on a dare. It was Halloween of 2008 and it was my first time out at a wholesale jerseys gay club. Now, my real first time in drag was when I was fourteen years old; in middle school actually! At any rate, it was 2008, my first time at a gay club at a club in New Jersey cheap nfl jerseys called Deko. I actually was crowned the Homecoming Queen for Deko's first "Gay Prom" to I guess technically that is also my first title! I also became Miss Ikon, which was another club in Central New Jersey. wholesale jerseys I discovered it shortly before going to Deko, but I was not old enough to get into the venues just yet. As soon as I turned twenty one, I started going out to Asbury Park to the bars, like Georgies and of course, Paradise. wholesale nfl jerseys cheap jerseys Everyone remembers the first time wholesale jerseys they started heading out to gay bars. Was it a surreal experience for you? Not really for me, because I had been coming to Asbury Park for a while already. I was also going to teen nights at clubs like Club Abyss, so I was used to the nightclub atmosphere and being around lots of different kinds of people. It felt very relaxed and refreshing to be around people that were "like me" though. cheap jerseys wholesale nfl jerseys from china When you first started coming out, who are some of the queens that you wholesale nfl jerseys remember that really payed the way for you in a way? Well for starters, Victoria Courtez. she is my drag mother. Octavia Anyae, she was actually the first drag queen I saw at The Den. She broke her crown and I thought that was one of the most bad ass things I had ever seen! Alexis Milian was hosting at the time at The Den, so I got to see her a lot too. A number of drag queens came from Long Island also, and I was always venturing out to Long Island sometimes since I was not able to get into clubs In New Jersey at that time. wholesale nfl jerseys from china wholesale jerseys Paradise in wholesale jerseys Asbury Park has arguablyl the most prestigious title for a queen to hold in New Jersey. What made you want to go out and compete for that crown last year? Once I got a taste of being a title holder as Miss Ikon, I got what they call in wholesale nfl jerseys the business "the pageant itch". At that time, I was going there every single weekend Friday through Sunday and it just felt right for me at that time; It was home. I waited and took a year to think about it, and I finally competed and won! wholesale jerseys Cheap Jerseys from china Looking back, what is your favorite moment of the entire evening for you when you won the title of Miss Paradise? I think my favorite part was the question and answer portion of the competition because I had always been deathly afraid of speaking live on the mic. Being thrown into the Q section on stage made me realize that it really was not that bad, and that I have now been able to conquer a fear of mine, which was public speaking. That is something that I will always remember; I have conquered that fear. Cheap Jerseys from china The girl I am speaking to now, has a month left in her reign. What would you tell the girls that competing now to take your title? Don't take no for an answer. There is so much I would have loved to accomplish that I didn't get a chance to, and a year really goes so fast. I would have taken the advice that each and every former gave me much more to heart and tried to apply it more; your reign definitely flies by! Cheap Jerseys china What do you think your legacy as Miss Paradise will be? I think I had really awesome costumes and productions during my Friday night shows. I still get people that will say to me that they remember certain costumes or shows of mine that I did. I hope that the girls that come after me remember those shows the most. Cheap Jerseys china Cheap Jerseys free shipping Is there anything left undone that you wished you had done? I would have loved to collaborate more with different girls from all over the United States, especially during Tea Dances. Cheap Jerseys free shipping cheap jerseys You have recently been going into the city for "LOOK QUEEN" at The Monster. Are we getting ready to see Jolina Jasmine's second act? Perhaps. I actually won my first time at "LOOK QUEEN", which was a real blast. I started realize that my reign was coming to an end. and since my time at DEKO, people have been telling me to come into the city. I went in on the Sunday following The Glam Awards, and I checked it out. I competed that night and I won. Ironically, I competed using the talent that I won Miss Paradise with! I love the city; I love the sisterhood and the talent, and how different everything is. There are so many different kinds of drag there. I am going to take a break, but I can definitely see myself going further in New York City. cheap jerseys You also connected with the Orlando Pulse Nightclub community in a very special way right? The Orlando community, especially the Pulse cheap jerseys family is a very tight knit, yet friendly community. They immediatlely welcomed me with open arms when I went down there for the first time about two years ago. Despite the tragic events that occurred at Pulse last summer, they continue to be a loving group of people. I got involved with them when I did a talent show at Pulse Nightclub back in 2015. My friend Sal helped me get a spot in the show. Some of the people I met there like Kajja Adonis and Axel Andrews are both genuinely great people! wholesale cheap jerseys jerseys from china What do you take away from your experience as Miss Paradise? I take away a better sense of confidence about my drag; and about myself. I am beyond excited for the next girl to have an amazing reign. No matter who grabs it, they are sure to be a great Miss Paradise wholesale jerseys from china.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

tape Australia by le Tour de France

tape nonsense really grates